High-pressure pumping and booster stations by Flo-Dynamics Systems, Alberta ,Canada
In a distribution system of water, the pumping stations are essential where the water is directly pumped into the system or where the pressure of the water has to be boosted due to the inadequate difference in the level of water in the gravity flow systems. The capital cost of the pumps is high. However, the priciest elements are the energy supply for the pumps. Hence, it is important that pumps feature a high efficiency as well as they are maintained properly.
A pump is a device that is used to water from one point to another with pressure to surmount the conflict along the journey. It is significant to educate about the different types of pumps, their usage, and designs in order to operate and maintain them. Pumping stations are used for dependable and efficient transportation and distribution of freshwater to ensure its availability for industrial, agricultural, and human purposes.
Pumping stations, which transport water to the distribution systems, are situated close to the portable storage facility or water treatment facility which is directly pumped into transmission the pumping systems. Pumps that force directly into distribution systems and transmission lines may be known as high lift pumps.
Booster pumps are extra pumps that are used to enhance the pressure temporarily. Booster pump stations are tenuously located from the main pump station, as in undulating topography which requires high-pressure zones or to manage peak flows in a distribution system.
Types of pumping:
Typically, there are two kinds of pumps which are used for portable water pumping functions
– The turbine pump (vertical)
– The case pump with a vertical split or centrifugal horizontal designed for various water-works operation
Discharging capacity of pumps:
- If the pumps are used directly to supply water without a tank, the capacity of the pump will be equal to the request of peak hour.
- If the distribution system has a tank, the capacity of the pumps would be equal to the utmost of the daily demand.
Selecting the right kind of pumps:
- If level of pumping water is below 6 meters, consider using a centrifugal pump
- If the water level of pumping is between 6 to 20 meters, consider using submersible or jet pumps.
- If the water level of the pump is more than 20 meters, consider using a vertical line shaft turbine pump or submersible.
Flo-Dynamics designs comprehensive booster pump stations along with all mechanical, electrical, structural, and communication system incorporated. Their water and pressure boosting system that comes with both the pumping system and the control building is included in a single incorporated package. Flo-Dynamics offers the high-pressure pumping and booster stations in order to cater the demand of all applicable local as well as state codes for the structure and the entire incorporated system. Each of the systems is designed and provided with a custom controller, HMIs, touch screen and other options for efficient control. Flo-Dynamics provide comprehensive options for accessories like chemical injector systems, building HVAC, electronically operated dampers, interior lifting cranes, auxiliary power, eye-wash and sound attenuation, etc.